HQ details (registration):
AberCycleFest portable cabin
Marine Terrace (by the Pier)
Follow the signs provided.
Parking is suggested at the football club (Pay & Display). This is about 1/2 mile away from the course.
Riders will only be able to warm up on the course for approx 5 minutes prior to the race start.
Please bring rollers, a turbo trainer or warm up safely on surrounding roads (parts of Marine Terrace are also closed to traffic, but are not part of the race route).
- Please Note – No Helmet, No Ride
- Mins + laps? This is the easiest way for the judges and lap counters to administer the race. We’ll blow the ‘hooter’ after the relevant minutes of racing, at the start of what will be the laps remaining. If you have a cycle computer, keep an eye on the stopwatch and save a bit for a surge of energy for that last time up Sea View place and sprint on the promenade!
- Upon arrival, competitors should make their way to our Registration portable cabin on Marine Terrace (outside the Seafront Palace Chinese restaurant).
- Following registration you will receive your race number and safety pins. The number should be attached to the back of the jersey and be clearly visible.
- Outside the Registration Portable cabin, the riders will be ushered into holding pens on Pier corner where they will wait to be called onto the course to make their way clockwise to the start line on Pier St.
- The race commissaire will line the riders up on the start line and issue instructions on race length, safety and riding conduct. Riders may then be given a warm up lap depending on time constraints and will then await for the start hooter and off they go!
- Once the race has finished, riders will be asked to leave the course via one of our designated crossing points.
- PLEASE DO NOT RIDE AN EXTRA LAP AS THIS WILL DELAY THE START OF THE NEXT RACE
- Please Note – No Helmet, No Ride
- Upon arrival, children & teachers should gather on Marine Terrace (outside the Seafront Palace Chinese Restaurant) and await their races via our PA announcer and stewards’ instructions.
- This year, each child will have had their number given to them via their school prior to race day. The number should be attached to the child’s back and should not to be obstructed by a coat hood or long hair, as judges will be unable to place riders if the number is obstructed. Please also ensure that the number is affixed with at least four safety pins, which will also be provided by the school.
- We will have an enquiries Portable Cabin as usual (just by the Pier), but there is no need for children to register here as registration will have been done, via the schools prior to race day.
- Any teachers or parents with questions are welcome to come to the Portable Cabin where our staff will be happy to help.
- Each race will be announced by our race commentator. When instructed, children should gather at our holding pens on Pier corner and wait to be called onto the race course, clockwise towards the start line in Pier Street.
- The race commissaire will line the riders up on the start line and issue instructions on race length, safety and riding conduct. Riders will then await for the start hooter and off they go!
- Once each race has finished, riders will be stopped after the finish line and the first three awarded their prize on the podium. All children will then make their way back to the promenade with their teachers and assistants using the pavement.
- The next race can then start as soon as the course is clear.