Registration Now Closed
We’ve teamed up with Ceredigion Actif , via Ceredigion County Council to offer childrens races for all primary and secondary school aged children.
||Age / Class
||Youth E Local Schools Year 3 boys
||Youth E Local Schools Year 3 girls
||Youth D Local Schools Year 4 boys
||Youth D Local Schools Year 4 girls
||Youth C Local Schools Year 5 boys
||Youth C Local Schools Year 5 girls
||Youth C Local Schools Year 6 boys & girls
||Open Novice Race Years 7-11 boys & girls
If your child wants to race, please register and pay online. The race numbers will be sent out to your school a week prior to the event and will be given to your child.
- 1km Traffic free circuit
- Any bikes can be used (in working order)
- Sanctioned & Insured by Welsh Cycling
An additional race for 2019 is the Years 7-11 novice race at 11.45.
Aimed at 11-16 year olds that would like to try out a short race (2 laps) around the streets of Aberystwyth, traffic free & fully marshalled.
There are prizes for the first three across the line and it doesn’t matter how fast or how slow you ride.
Inclusive to all 11 – 16 year olds. All bikes / trikes can be used (in working order).
Entry is £3.66 online prior to the race. Numbers will be distributed to your school 2/3 days before the race.
Promoted under the rules and regulations of British Cycling and organised by: Ystwyth Cycling Club
Parents & Rider Information
- Upon arrival, children & teachers should gather on Marine Terrace
(outside the Seafront Palace Chinese Restaurant) and await their races via
our PA announcer and stewards’ instructions.
- Each child will have had their number given to them via their school
prior to race day. The number should be attached to the child’s back and
should not to be obstructed by a coat hood or long hair, as judges will
be unable to place riders if the number is obstructed. Please also ensure
that the number is affixed with at least four safety pins, which will also be
provided by the school.
- We will have an enquiries Portable cabin as usual (just by the Pier), but
there is no need for children to register here as registration will have
been done, via the schools prior to race day.
- Any teachers or parents with questions are welcome to come to the
Portacabin where our staff will be happy to help.
- Each race will be announced by our race commentator. When instructed,
children should gather at our holding pens on Pier corner and wait to be
called onto the race course, clockwise towards the start line in Pier Street.
- The race commissaire will line the riders up on the start line and issue
instructions on race length, safety and riding conduct. Riders will then
await for the start hooter and off they go!
- Once each race has finished, riders will be escorted back to the
promenade podium area via Castle Street. Please follow our marshals
instructions. Presentations will then commence after each race.
- The next race can then start as soon as the course is clear.
Please ensure that each rider has a correctly fitted helmet, i.e. correct
size, straps are secure